The new version of DreamCloud doesn’t have tufting. Instead it’s a quilted euro top style. It looks a lot like the Nectar cover, but it has the same color and pattern as before. While it looks more formal and elegant, some people didn’t like the tufting design because their arms or legs went to the seams of the pillow top.
The left side is before – you can see how high the pillows are. The right side shows the more quilted, flatter design. The color is the same (the photos are taken in different light).
The next change is in the firmness. Overall, Dreamcloud was more firm than the name suggests. Instead of being on the firmer side of medium, you’ll now sink in more. This change puts Dreamcloud in the medium range.
You can read more about the exact changes with the construction below. But first, here are 9 quick facts about DreamCloud…as usual there are affiliate links in this post and we may earn a commission if you shop through our links.
DreamCloud Mattress 2.0 Changes
Removing latex, changing the cover to eliminate tufting and how the trial period works are notable changes. Photos to be forthcoming.
- Less layers – going from an 8 layer bed to 6 layers.
- No longer offer a twin size (only a twin xl).
- No more tufting, instead the cover will be quilted but the Euro top is still 1.5″ thick.
- Took cashmere out of the cover.
- No longer has latex.
- The only memory foam is on the third layer – 1.5″.
- 365-Night Trial is now a risk free trial that officially begins 30 days after the date of the delivery (rather than immediately). Studies show that it takes 30-60 days to adjust to a new mattress.
- Prices start at $999 for a queen. Financing is available so you have a low monthly payment. You’ll know if you qualify for 0% interest within minutes when you apply through their website. Check current prices here.
As always, to avoid voiding your warranty do not cause physical damage to your mattress. Tears, burns, stains, cuts or liquid damages will void your warranty so be sure to get a mattress protector. You buy cases for your phone, as a rule if it costs more than you could easily pay to replace it, it’s
9 Facts about the DreamCloud Mattress
Here’s a quick look at the DreamCloud bed
- The DreamCloud is a hybrid mattress made with memory foam, polyfoam and springs.
- Features a luxurious 15 inches depth.
- Has a 1.5″ Euro top – similar to a pillow top but stitched right in to the top layer of the mattress so it’s flush with the edge. Read more about how this helps you sleep here.
- DreamCloud changed to be of a true medium, rather than a medium firm. You’ll sink in a bit more.
- Offers White Glove Service. That means, for an additional $149, your new bed is delivered, set up and you have the option to have your existing bed removed.
- Has handles on the sides for easier moving/shifting of bed.
- A king size DreamCloud weighs 123 lbs.
- Comes with a super long 365-night sleep trial. So that means you can return it within a year for just about any reason and get a 100% refund (see their restrictions).
- Offers financing through Affirm so you can get your bed now but pay as you go.
- Has a lifetime warranty.
As always, you can pay extra for white glove delivery service where they’ll set up your new mattress (no lifting for you).
best to pay the extra money to protect your investment. It will prolong the life and performance of your purchase.