- Bottom or fitted sheets are the biggest pain to launder because putting them back on is tough.
- QuickZip has a 2-piece zipper design – you zip the top part of the fitted sheet on and off to make it easy to remove and put back on.
- Besides sheets they have a zipper system to make duvets easier – duvets are perhaps the most challenging bedding there is to make!
- Most people don’t wash their sheets often enough.
Note that we may earn a commission when you shop through our links.
How Often Should you Wash your Sheets?
There’s no definitive rule on how often to wash your sheets. However, think about this. You probably wear clothes once and wash them. It seems logical to wash the sheets at least every week. Exactly how often depends on your situation. However, unofficial studies have show that college students NEVER wash their sheets. So they may go 4 years or so (unless a parent steps in). And if you eat in bed, drink in bed or otherwise utilize your bed to its full capacity, you need to wash your sheets more often.
Those who have skin issues or night sweats may have to change sheets every night. When someone in your family is sick or has the flu it’s important to wash and disinfect the sheets after they are well. Be sure to wash separately from other laundry.
Fitted Sheets can be a Nightmare to Change
Here’s a fun, lighthearted look at how standard fitted sheets can make your life miserable…
The Problem with Washing your Sheets
The issue with washing your sheets isn’t pulling off all the bedding. That part isn’t difficult to do. It’s making the bed again afterwards. And possibly the worst part is getting all the corners on the bed when it comes to the fitted sheet. If you don’t secure them you have a problem with them popping off and your sheets will get all bunched up. Sometimes you’re in a tight room and it’s difficult to get around on all sides of the bed.
QuickZip is a great concept because the fitted part of the sheets stay on the bed (you can wash them less frequently). The middle part zips off and on so that you don’t need to fuss with the corners. Plus, if you get their starter pack it has 2 fitted sheets so that you can remove one sheet and put the next one on. So you don’t have to wait to remake the bed or sleep without sheets in case they’re not dry in time.
The same goes for crib sheets. You’re more likely to have more frequent changes because babies and diapers…and it usually involves removing the whole mattress. But again, with QuickZip you can simply unzip the top (babies don’t use top sheets). This makes it so much quicker and easier to change soiled sheets, especially in the middle of the night by otherwise worn out parents.
Crib sheets come in 15 designs which you can mix or match (and are so cute). Designed to fit all standard crib mattresses (52” x 27” wide, 5” to 7” thick); Compatible with all crib flat mattress pads; 100% Cotton.
For kids who are potty training, special needs or otherwise need a faster way to change the sheets, get the QuickZip Fitted Sheet Set. It has a wraparound base & 1 zip-on sheet.
Ideal for Daybeds
If you have a daybed with a high back and sides you know how difficult it is to change the fitted sheets on this bed. QuickZip makes changing the bottom sheet surface so much easier. you don’t feel or see the heavy-duty plastic zipper since it’s covered by a flap of cotton. They have a neat and tidy look.
Sheet Material , Colors and Sizes
Choose from the more silky sateen or the cotton percale sheets. We have the cotton percale (requested and sent to us by the company) and they’re a little thicker and feel so well made.
- Luxurious 400 thread-count sateen 100% cotton that is soft and smooth- not slippery:) – with a subtle sheen. OEKO-TEX Certified.
- Made in Israel
- Comes in 5 colors including pinstripe, navy, white, slate gray, sand or navy. You can mix and match the colors (so a pinstripe side and a navy top, for example).
- Sizes include: twin, twin xl, twin xl dorm, full, full deep, queen, king, cal king, split king, RV queen (short queen)
- Comes in white, lavender or navy.
- Sizes include: twin, twin xl, full, full deep, queen, king
- Crisp, cool and light percale weave with a matte finish. 100% cotton, 200 thread count.
- Made in Israel