- The height of the Sleep Ovation pillow was researched to find the best height for the technology to provide relief for people with neck pain.
- Sleep Ovation Pillows is has no memory foam or down in it. In fact, it’s one of few pillows that has springs inside – like a mattress!
- Each side of the pillow has 77 tiny pillows in one. Each with its own spring.
- Made of cold blue polyamide fiber that makes you feel at least 5 degrees Fahrenheit cooler, plus the design facilitates airflow – perfect for hot sleepers.
- Sleep Ovation pillows have a 4.8 star rating.
- 100% Made in the USA.
Unbox Mattress reviews sleep and bedding products – we may earn a commission when you shop through our links.
SleepOvation Pillow Review
THIS PILLOW HAS SPRINGS! It’s like a mattress for your head. And unlike a mattress, you don’t have to share it with anyone.
But will you get poked by one of the springs? No. We couldn’t even feel the springs and wouldn’t know that they were there if we didn’t know. They are in the center layer and you can’t see, hear or feel them at all. They were silent. From the reviews we read, even after years of sleeping, they couldn’t hear any squeaks from the springs.
The SleepOvation pillow is comprised of 77 individual cushions combined with pocketed micro-springs to provide pressure relief to the contours of your face, head, and neck.
When we spoke to the company they told us that many customers that are side sleepers like to fold the pillow in half. Or, they use two pillows, stacked on top of each other. We found the pillow surprisingly comfortable (tested by a side sleeper). Your head doesn’t sink too far into the pillow so it keeps your neck in alignment. And it didn’t get hot at all.
Overall, the Sleep Ovation pillow is thinner than we expected: 4¼” – but that wasn’t an issue. It doesn’t compress down as much as other pillows. Stomach sleepers need a thinner pillow so their neck isn’t pulled upwards so this would be an excellent choice for them.
We liked that it had an inner cover and a thicker outer cover that can be unzipped and washed.Best Pillow for Neck Pain?
If you have any sort of back or neck pain Sleep Ovation recommends using one and sleeping flat on your back. When you lay your head on this pillow, it feels as if it applies the pressure as per the needs of the contour of your face and neck. Here’s what they said about the research that went into the design:
The pillow was in development for nearly three years. During that time the pillow went through many different sizes and dimensions to find the final design. During this time we had sleep testers that would sleep with the pillow and then provide feedback using a survey. Most of the testers had pain related ailments. The final size and design was ultimately determined based on the data collected from the sleep testers catering to the best results for pain relief.
Interestingly, most people think a pillow needs to be much thicker than our pillow. This is based upon the fact that before our pillow, you would need to plump and adjust the pillow fill to get the right amount of support (fill) in different regions to correspond to the features on your head, face, and neck. A problem with this “plumping technique” is that once you change your sleeping position during the night, the pillow no longer conforms to your features and has to be “re-plumped”.
The SleepOvation 77 tiny pillows in One pillow, doesn’t have to be “plumped” as it continually adjusts to the sleepers changing sleep positions. Consequently, the pillow has been engineered to be the exact thickness (4+ inches) required for optimum neck and head alignment.
The SleepOvation pillow is one of the best option for you if you suffer from neck or back pain and can’t find anything to get some relief. The company says it’s recommended by physiotherapists.
One thing we noticed is that the pillow doesn’t look very like the photos on the website. Each section is scored, not encased as it looks like in the drawings and animations. This image illustrates the difference.
- The covers are washable and you can vacuum the pillow between each section.
- The cold blue polyamide and airflow will help keep sweat away and sleeps cooler. You won’t need to flip it over during the night to find the cool side of the pillow.
- Adjusts the surface of the pillow at the exact moment you change your head position which helps with headaches.
- Can help back, shoulder and neck pain caused by a too plump pillow.
- Recommended by physiotherapists.
- Not very thick so it won’t look the same on a made bed as fluffier pillows (aesthetic difference).
- On the expensive side but people report that it doesn’t change after years of use. They offer a $6/mo payment plan.
- Should use a waterproof pillow protector to avoid having the foam absorb liquids or be affected by spills. However, there are two layers of protection.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What is the warranty on the SleepOvation pillow?
Yes, it has a one-year limited warranty.
2) How long is the sleep trial?
100 days – they have a 100 day money back guarantee.
2) What are the dimensions of the pillow?
A standard/queen SleepOvation pillow is 16″ x 25″ x 4¼”.
3) Are there any delivery charges?
The SleepOvation Company delivers free across the USA. Canada has an additional charge. They also promise a one-week delivery.
4) How much cooler is the Sleep Ovation pillow compared to other pillows?
It can be almost 5 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than your conventional pillows. That’s because of the cold blue polyamide material.
5) How do you wash the pillow?
The covers come off and and you can wash them in a washing machine. The pillow itself is spot clean only.