Latex for Less Flippable Mattress Review
Latex for Less, an online mattress company, has produced 100% natural latex beds since 2014. They recently debuted their all-latex bed, which features a 2-sided construction built with organic materials, called the Latex for Less flippable mattress.
This flippable mattress is 9″ thick and 38″ x 80″ in size. And one of its unique features is that it has 2 sides. If you want to sleep on one side, it’s medium, and the other side is firm. So, you won’t have to buy another mattress if your preference changes or if someone else sleeps on it and wants a different feel.
Made in the USA
Latex for Less mattresses are handcrafted by experts in Southern California, USA.
Latex for Less Flippable Mattress Review
This review will discuss its layers, firmness, cost, features, and more. And take note that we borrowed a twin XL Latex for Less mattress from a friend who already owns 2 of the same brand.
Latex for Less Flippable Mattress Cost for a Queen
At the time this was published, a queen size is priced at $1,179. Prices can change, so check the current price and promos by clicking this link.
Sizes, Height, Dimensions and Weight
This flippable latex mattress comes in 2 height options: 7″ or 9″, and comes in 6 different sizes.
|Queen||60″ x 80″||100 lbs|
|Twin||38″ x 75″||59 lbs|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||63 lbs|
|Full||76″ x 80″||84 lbs|
|King||76″ x 80″||127 lbs|
|Cal King||72″ x 80″||126 lbs|
Shipping and Return Policy
Latex for Less offers free shipping to any U.S. address, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. The mattress will arrive compressed in a small box. Plus, if it doesn’t work for you, you have to contact the company regarding the return so that they can arrange the pick up the mattress for you for free.
It also has a risk-free 120-night home trial period which includes a mandatory break-in period of 30 nights.
Latex for Less mattresses have a non-pro-rated, long 20-year warranty. For more details, you may check out their website.
There are 8″ of latex in this mattress with no springs or coils.
- Ultra-Soft Organic Cotton Cover with GOTS Certification. Although they claim to have a certificate, I couldn’t find it in the GOTS database. We’re unsure if it’s under another name or if they actually don’t have one. Unfortunately, companies may not always be truthful regarding this designation. Even larger companies have been known to fake it.
- 1/2″ 100% natural wool fire barrier that gives a sense of relief, not to have any chance of fiberglass or chemicals. Wool is a naturally temperature-regulating material, and it acts as a natural fire barrier that exceeds safety standards without any toxic chemicals. It helps keep you cool while you sleep. They use natural California wool purchased from an organic wool farm in California.
- 2″ 100% natural talalay latex in medium with N2 Density (19 ILD) for a soft and responsive feel with a little more to give. The link goes to their OKEO-TEX certification document.
- 6″ 100% natural dunlop latex in firm with 85 Density (36 ILD) that offers firmer support while still molding to your body for unbeatable comfort.
This 100% natural latex is made from the sap of the Hevea brasilienesis rubber tree, with no artificial chemicals or fillers.
When we conducted a hand test on both sides, we noticed that each side was appropriately labeled with each type’s firmness. There is no indention when you push your hand downwards the medium side, and the foam bounces back quickly.
And with regards to the firm side, there’s a slight difference compared to the medium side because it hardly sinks in.
Who Will Love It
This mattress is an ideal choice for:
- People who like a medium or firm feel. This mattress is not soft which means that you’re sort of sleeping on top. And, it doesn’t sink in or hug you a lot like memory foam and responds fast.
- Those who are concerned about chemicals used in foam mattresses and want to leave a lower environmental footprint.
- Sleepers who are willing to spend more on quality. Considering the warranty, foam mattresses should last around 5-7 years, so in 20 years, you could go through 4 mattresses. I expect it to last that long so you should be able to keep this for that long.
- Those who don’t like the off-gassing smell. This doesn’t have a scent.
- Those who want to sleep cooler. Compared to memory foam, which is known to sleep “hotter,” a natural latex mattress is made from plant-derived latex rather than chemicals or synthetic petroleum-based latex.
- People who are concerned about allergies and cleanliness. This all-natural mattress only contains organic ingredients that are both hypoallergenic and anti-microbial.
Who May Not Like This Mattress
And we won’t recommend this mattress if:
- You like a soft mattress that you sink into and feel warm
- You’re on a budget
- You have a latex allergy
- You don’t care about the chemicals and are fine with the off-gassing smell
Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to share and comment below if you learned something new about this flippable latex mattress. Thanks!